Despite the lack of sleep and the numerous amount of assignments I'm excited about the fact that I'm getting so many hours out of the way during summer school. Of course the ideal thing would be to enjoy my summer, but I feel that if I go ahead and complete hours during the summer it will expedite the process of getting my life back. My time is precious to me so I'd rather take heavy loads in the summer in order to finish the program quicker than drag it out over longer periods of time. It's a sacrifice of time, but I entered the program in order to have the option of making a career move and if it takes me forever to complete the program then it will take me forever to make the career move that I have in mind. So with all of that said I'm taking a total of 12 hours over the course of the summer. That means I'm taking 9 hours in both summer I and summer II, because I'm taking a face-to-face class during each session and 2 MTT classes that are in summer III. This is the only time I will have to take on such a heavy load so it's not that bad. I actually prefer the fast paced nature of summer school, because you can get many course hours completed in a short amount of time. Right now I'm very busy, but Aug. 4th when it is all over I think it will be worth the sacrifices.
How is your summer school experience? How many hours are you taking? Would you do it again? Do you prefer the compacted curriculum of summer school or the traditional 16 week semester?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oops! the first comment was a test because I just tried to post to your blog and it would not let me. I had to go back and enable somethings on my computer and my whole comment got erased. My summer school experience is going well, but I do not think I will do it again. I intend on my vacations to be just that... a vacation. At first I was like you and wanted to get in and get out, but now I am just going to enjoy the ride. I am trying to have as little stress as possible and still get this done. Since I am not sure what tomorrow brings I choose to enjoy my life daily. If something were to happen to me tomorrow (God forbid) I would not be thinking of whether I finished a project in class. I am enjoying just taking two online classes and spending time with friends and family. However I would prefer to take face-to-face classes. Oh well live and learn. These two classes are enough. I am much more focused during the year and realize that I need my break during the summer. So I prefer the traditional 16 week semester. But I must admit it will be great having these two courses out of the way.
ReplyDelete